Wednesday, August 17, 2016

123Gasing Cafe, Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
No 123, Jalan Gasing, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun:
8:30 am - 11:00 pm

Time Visited:
7th August, Sunday, 3:45pm

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Flat White and Red Velvet Cake
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience. 

I was wandering around aimlessly till my friend ask me do I wanna grab some coffee. So I agreed and met her here at 123Gasing.

Things weren't exactly great these past 2 weeks but this little reprieve from such a hectic and cruel world provided what little diminishing ounce of hope left I need to continue on in life. Anyway, enough with the mopiness. Arrived at 123Gasing and was surprised she was already there. This is probably the first time cause I can't remember a time this actually happen with her without anybody else accompanying already at a place before me.

The owner was smoking upfront at the cafe there whilst I parked my car. He looked at me with interest and with a warm smile as I walked all the way to the seat where my friend was and then walked back to my car as I'm unable to lock it with my remote somehow. Then, walked back to where my friend was. I then went to the counter and look at what they have to offer and decided upon a Flat White and a Red Velvet cake. As I walked in the cafe, the owner came back inside and proceeded to take my order. Then only I realized that he's the person in charge when he stepped behind the counter. No wonder he peered at me with such interest and such a genuine smile. LOL. There was a very big serving window that connects behind the counter and there's 2 sides to the counter. I'm not sure what's on the left side of the cafe, probably just the washing up place but on the right side where I placed my order, the cake display with the items for sale were written all around.

It took a moderate amount of time till they brought me my order. I didn't really timed it and in fact forgotten that I ordered something as I was distracted by my friend talking. The Flat White had a strong coffee taste and goes well with the milk that they use. Well balanced out and certainly had a sense that it's Flat White. It does have a slight bitter undertone towards the end but mellowed greatly from the milk and I bet there's more than one type of beans in there which certainly did balanced off the bitter taste as well. There's some slight fruity taste to it and it's very well according to my taste. It kinda resembles the Flat White I taste at Rekindle. I like it.

As for the Red Velvet, well, my friend didn't really like it but I kinda do. It's very creamy and that's the taste you get overall. The berry and fruitiness of many Red Velvet cake that I've tasted before is somehow missing in this though yet, I still like the cake. It's like a wedding cake due to just managing to taste the cream and icing on it rather than anything else. But I guess why I like it is because although it's the cream that you taste, yet it's not those very disgustingly overly sweet cakes which I hate. This is nice enough and drinking it over coffee matches well.

The atmosphere around this place looks rather artsy on the outside. The inside lightings are a lot dimmer and provides a somewhat romantic ambiance. Pockets of blasts of air-cond breeze hits me occasionally over from the big serving area hole that I'm in front of is what I can feel. This is due to them not installing any air curtain to prevent the air-conditioner from escaping through there. We ate a bit of some mains but they weren't that good (the Turkey Sandwich Breakfast) but the Watermelon Salad is nice and refreshing. To me, the best is still the coffee.

Total Wallet Damage:
I forgot to take the receipt but luckily, my picture above can clearly see it. LOL. RM22 in total. GST included.

Final Verdict:
6//10. It's not a bad place to hangout. The only problem is with this row of shophouses is it's limited parking space. Once dinnertime comes or lunchtime, the Chicken Rice shop at the same row will attract many people to come and you may have to wait for a parking spot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment