Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Three Little Birds Coffee Cafe, Sentul, Kuala Lumpur

Address:
D7, Jalan Sentul,, 51000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Mon-Thur: 8am-11pm
Fri-Sat: 8am-Midnight
Sun: 9am-10pm

Time Visited:
Around 10am on a Sunday Morning
Attire worn:
Casual, of course. It's Sunday morning, for God's sake!
Item Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Peanut Butter Chocolate(?) Cake and Mocha, (Dark Chocolate)
 For this adventure, I decided to park my car at the LRT station and took the LRT and KTM Commuter. While the LRT is still in a state that I still remember, the KTM has improved themselves through leaps and bounds. There's a dedicated lane for Touch N' Go users and as for the dispensing of tickets, they've gone back to manual (at least the KL Sentral station appears to be so) with the tickets resembling a cinema ticket and there's a person manning the exit/entrance to collect it. At least that's what it looks like to me.

The KTM train has nice comfortable spaces and seats but it's a little too rocky. Sitting at sides with you being rocked back and forth just makes me feel queasy.

I finally arrived at the Sentul station where upon coming out of the station, it looks as if I've stepped into a bad neighborhood where the place looks like a slum area. Stepping out onto the highway area looks much better although it still didn't make me feel much easier because the place looks quite deserted with cars zooming by on the main road.

I walked towards where Three Little Birds Coffee Cafe, Sentul branch is and the building looks futuristic. But the buildings in itself looked kind of scary on a Sunday because it looks deserted with all the offices closed. There were 2 buildings that face each other across the road. One is named D6 and the other D7. The Three Little Birds Coffee Cafe is a little hard to find since they had 2 opposing address written on their website, the address is written D7 but the description of the "Find Us" section says they're in the building of D6. Furthermore, they're located within the building and can't be seen from the main road. Adds a little to my frustration. After some scouting around, I finally located them within the D7 building, hidden away from the main road and facing the adjacent apartment building next door.

The ambiance was quite soothing and relaxing due to them being hidden away and the serenity inside the building with some nature infused into it adds to the calmness. As I press the button to open it's sliding door and enter, there were already some patrons seated inside. They were well staffed and were eager to serve as they await my order at the cash register. After placing my order, I helped myself to some water which is visible enough for me to detect that it's self service. The cake didn't take long to arrive but the mocha came about 5 minutes later. The seats weren't as comfy as I'd like it to be but adequate for my rest.

The Peanut Butter cake taste as expected and nothing out of the ordinary. Just your plain Jane kind. The Mocha they served reminds me of the weird taste in some places' mocha but from this experience, I've learnt that this weird taste comes from the dark chocolate mixed together with their coffee. That is the taste of mocha that I dislike. Despite a Sunday with the entire building's offices closed, yet Three Little Birds still manage to draw in customers and is a quiet enough place to chill but I must say that the seating is not comfortable enough for a person like me to stay long. For a lone diner like me, finding a place to seat wouldn't be a problem since there's still ample of places left when I was leaving. Not sure about the weekdays. They probably pull in more people on weekdays.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM28. The prices of Three Little Birds are way higher than market price but I have yet to taste anything distinctive that warrants such costs.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Don't see why I would wanna come all the way here to have some cup of coffee when it's not that addictive to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment