Tuesday, December 30, 2014

La Casa, Publika/Solaris Dutamas

Address:
A4-G2-7, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours:
Tues-Fri: 11am-10pm 
Sat-Sun: 10am-10pm

Time Visited:
Around noon on a Sunday afternoon.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Black Pepper Steak & Iced Lemon Tea
The iced lemon tea was really sour but then again, due to it's sourness, I regain my appetite to eat in an instant even though I just ate not too long ago before this meal. There's syrup provided as well, so the sourness is bearable. In fact, I kinda like it.

The Black Pepper Steak is just your usual steak with black pepper sauce. The black pepper sauce was delightful and the steak that I ordered medium well was cooked to perfection. I'm impress with the speed of delivery on the food. I think it's just over 5 minutes.

During my presence there, there were ample of vacant tables especially indoors. When lunch time approaches, many congregate and it filled up the restaurant. The staff there were very eager to serve you and take your order. In fact, a little too eager. I had to ask them to give me a moment to peruse the menu further a few times.

The meal surprised me. It was delicious, fit for fine dining material. Unfortunately, the price reflect that too.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM63.80. Bear in mind that this is merely a one person meal, me. The pricey part is the steak which amounts to RM48. There's 10% service charge and a 6% goverment tax involved. The steak no doubt was tasty but a little too small in amount to charge RM48.

Final Verdict:
8/10. This place impressed and surprised me to garner an A from me. Too bad it's too pricey to visit often. Their eagerness in taking your order lean towards borderline annoying but it didn't cross the line yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment