Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chee Cheong Fun Stall at the roadside, SS2

Address:
Jalan SS2/66, Petaling Jaya, opposite the Tyre Shop which is an Indian car wash at night
Opening Hours:
6pm onward (Closed on Sunday)
Time Visited:
A Wednesday Evening, close to 8pm
Attire worn:
Business
Item Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Some fish balls, fu chuk and 4 round pieces of chee cheong fun.
Despite being at a location where I frequent for dinner, I have never tried this Chee Cheong Fun stall in SS2 before but I do see a lot of people who buy and eat from that stall. At long last, after being in PJ for more than a decade, I had finally went to this stall set by the roadside to try it out.

During my time there, there were quite a number of people lining up awaiting their turn to grab their grub. However, they had 3 people attending with the old woman being the boss of them all I guess and so my turn wasn't that long. Had to admit that I did accidentally cut queue in front of a couple because they were just standing at where the picking of the ingredients was with their plate in their hands and so I walked nearer to where the aunty was and awaited for my turn there. Pretty soon, the aunty still cutting away and serving one of the customers told the couple to step to where I was because they were blocking people from picking their ingredients. Guess I had the instinct on what to do. :P

During the taste, where my chee cheong fun was lavished with sweet sauce and chili, I find it a bit disappointing. I was hoping to have a really nice chee cheong fun since I'm used to eating the one from Section 17 which was fantastic but unfortunately, the taste didn't live up to my expectation. The sauce taste watered down and the chili the same. Can't believe many people line up just for this.

During my time there, the tables were almost full but I was lucky enough to have a table for my own. But then again, if you're a lone diner, it wouldn't be a problem to share table with other individuals since it's common in Kopitiam style restaurant, what's more a stall by the roadside.

Just make sure you come on a day where it's not about to rain because it's open air and when it starts to rain, it's a run for your lives situation. XD

Final Verdict:
4/10. It's a stall by the roadside for god's sake. Ambiance of course will suffer. LOL. But if the food is great, then it will make up for it but unfortunately, this one disappoints me. I'd rather travel to my old home area, Section 17 for a great plate of Chee Cheong Fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment