Saturday, December 19, 2015

Brewyard Coffee, SS15, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
42 (Ground Floor), 
Jalan SS15/4,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun:
12:00 pm - 12:00 am

Time Visited:
2:45pm, Saturday.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Little Lost Ship and Latte
Wanted to buy a new phone today and so as reluctant as I was to leave the comfort of my bed, I headed off to DirectD to see if they have the phone that I wanted and whether they offer 0% installment plan with my credit card.

Being my first time venturing into that unfamiliar territory, I finally arrived at the location. It was quite a shocker to me because despite it's huge space and building, there's not much to see nor do there. It's more of a go in, inquire or buy the stuff you want (especially in bulk), get it with the cheap price and get out. They did have the phone that I wanted but they don't offer 0% installment plan for it but instead charges an 8%. And so I decided to take my leave without buying it. If there's the 0% installment plan for it, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Oh well. Since that was the case, I decided to save my money instead. Due to yesterday's lunch which I had with my colleagues in Subang Jaya SS15, I decided to go back there and tried Brewyard Coffee since I'm saving up from not purchasing the phone I wanted.

Since it's a week away before Christmas, the songs of Christmas cheer glisten up the place with it's melodies but the staffs attitude seem to reflect otherwise. It's kind of a somber mood on all of it's staff which consists of all male as far as I can see. They seem to give me the impression of I'm-being-forced-by-my-mom-to-work feeling.

Brewyard Coffee cafe is a place that serves limited choices of main dishes but today I was there to try out their dessert which is called Little Lost Ship. Little Lost Ship are pancakes (3 pieces to be exact) that's bedazzled with bananas and drizzled with chocolate sauce and sprinkled with peanuts and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. On one side of it contains peanut butter and another side strawberry jam should you want to add some flavors to it by spreading it on top. The taste was not bad. Quite good I would say and I especially loved the pancake going with the peanut butter.

As for the latte, the ratio on the coffee and milk was superb. They surprised me with a star cookie as well. I guess this is applicable due to the Christmas season. The taste of the star cookie didn't validate much taste in it but the coffee was also not bad like the pancake dessert. It did incur a slight bitter aftertaste but the aroma was good.

All in all, I find the food and beverage quite satisfactory. I just felt that the staff needed more cheerfulness instilled into them because they seemed like they're being forced to run the cafe or something. During my presence there, I wasn't served water while another 2 ladies that came were served with it and there was one person who came in through the door, waited awhile at the counter and when no one came to acknowledge him, he left. A pity for any place to lose a customer this way but that's what happened there. I guess Time Out KL merely looked into their food and drinks instead of their service too. Wouldn't blame them since the owners would've known that they're coming and would've served them well being media staffs. That's one of the reasons why I go on my own instead of announcing my presence as a media personnel. That way, I would know how the general public may be treated by remaining anonymous.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM28.60. RM16 for the pancakes and RM11 for the coffee. There's 6% GST and an awesome Internet WiFi.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Would like to give them more but it's a shame I wouldn't because I just felt that they need to improve way lot more in their customer service. Perhaps they should take a tip from The Culture Pot or the excellent service from the boss of MiniMe Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment