Sunday, December 20, 2015

Outback Steakhouse - Nu Sentral, Nu Sentral Mall, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
LG27 & LG 28, Nu Sentral Mall, No. 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan 50470 Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 11pm

Time Visited:
Close to 7pm. Dinner time on a Saturday night.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Sirloin and BBQ Beef Ribs and a Long Island Iced Tea
I love a good steak. I'm a very avid meat eater and it shows from my visit to Hacha Mecha and Monte's.

So I decided to head to Nu Sentral Mall and search out for Outback Steakhouse which is a franchise outlet but there's only 2 in Malaysia at the moment including this one at Nu Sentral Mall. The first outlet which was the only one before Nu Sentral Mall came into existence is at Low Yat Plaza.

Outback Steakhouse restaurant is only accessible at the outside portion of the Nu Sentral Mall where it's facing the main road of Jalan Tun Sambanthan. The staff there were really on top of their game and friendly. As I was walking past restaurants at the stretch over there, I made it seem as if I was just passing by. But the maitre d at the front immediately welcomed me as if already knew that I was gonna enter already. I requested for a table of one and she ushered me to my seat. Seeing that the walkway path was congested towards the table she was gonna show me too, she immediately change directions and asked if I would like to be seated over at another table instead which I didn't mind. Quite quick thinking and excellent work there. Throughout the evening during my dining experience there, I got nothing short of great service all the way. Everytime I signaled for somebody, they would rush over immediately to attend to me. When I asked for the WiFi password, the guy ensured that I was connected before walking away. Everytime they brought me something, they would explain it to me. "Here's your Long Island Iced Tea, sir." "Here's a napkin for you to wipe with, sir." "Your sirloin and BBQ Ribs, sir. Enjoy your meal." And they were also quick to clear my finished plates too but always asked before proceeding to do so."

I'm totally impressed with their excellent service. Definitely worth the 10% service charge I paid for. In addition to that, I'm a one man band as well but treated me just the same as any other patrons even though I'm taking up a four person table. There's only one small thing that I would like to point out and that is when I was seated, I was introduced the Christmas menu which clearly indicates for 2 person. LOL. I mentioned to her that it's for 2 person, right? And she laughed nervously realizing her mistake. But of course, that isn't a problem. In fact it's quite amusing. After all, how many lone diners would've walked in here to dine, right? Therefore, it's understandable that she rattled off her procedure because after all, 99% of the patrons consists of families and at least 2 persons. This reminds me of the time where I walked into Wendy's for my own meal and the person recommended me the 10 pieces of chicken. LOL. That was totally unacceptable.

First thing that came was the alcoholic beverage I ordered - the Long Island Iced Tea. It comes on a cool curvy glass so if you're seeing it straight, you're probably drunk. LOL. The Long Island Iced Tea consists of Vodka, Rum, Gin and triple sec with a slice of lemon on top. It was mentioned that it contains a splash of coke but I couldn't taste it. Probably was that blackish substance at the bottom of the glass which tasted a bit sweet. The drink although was laced with many various different kinds of alcohol, yet I could barely taste it. But it is there enough to give me a buzz. Just that the taste of anything in it is rather weak and all I could ever taste is the lemony feel of the drink.

They also served a whopping bread at the beginning. To be exact, it's a French loaf that's about 1/5 of it's size? It also has a scoop of the cream cheese (I think) to go with the bread. The bread was hard on the exterior but soft on the inside. Having that knife stuck at the middle of it and served in a paddle was a great way of presenting it. Totally loved the idea.

It didn't take long for them to serve my meal, probably around 10 minutes for it to arrive. The steak was perfectly cooked which I requested for medium well. Well, not exactly perfect but it's medium well alright. With a little bit of a red color at the center. It just screams out gorgeous. The meat of the sirloin was rougher than what I'm used to but tender enough to consume and succulent enough to eat on it's own. It may not be as juicy as how I got at Monte's or Hacha Mecha but it's a fine enough steak to eat. I also adore their spice sauce that they serve. It has a unique flavoring to it. A little spicy, a little sweet, a little salty and very Mexican-like taste minus the spiciness. It goes very, very well with the sirloin steak and definitely elevates the meat to a better flavor. The Aussie fries were just as good giving me a good feel of the potato flavoring in my mouth with the nicely seasoned salt and pepper to it. As for the BBQ Ribs, it works very well for me too. I can easily separate the meat away from the bones which I hate that kind of hassle so it's good for me. The BBQ sauce upon the meat was spread very evenly. Every bite of the BBQ Ribs is sure to have the BBQ sauce on it without any effort on my part. Although the sweet BBQ sauce makes the ribs a very delicious meat, dipping it into their spice sauce produces another fine unique taste as well. It sort of blends in with the BBQ sauce to create a new unique flavor. All in all, a very satisfying dish that's well worth the RM64.95 (excluding GST) for it. I just wish I had more of the Aussie fries in there too but I don't think the plate will fit. LOL.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is vibrant and family oriented with incandescent lighting to set a more relaxed mood. Chairs weren't too bad on it's comfort level but I would give it an average. Table were huge for me but comfortable in spaces in between other customers. But the walkway path may be a tad too narrow should the restaurant fills up due to it's big tables but I think it's not much as a problem if you compare it to Eat@J's.

Total Wallet Damage:
All in all, RM108.35. It is to be expected with the steak but the alcoholic cocktail seems a little bit pricey. There's also 10% service charge incurred and 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Loved the staffs' service and loved the lovely meal. Their own sauce is really a delight to go with the meat. Alcoholic beverage could be further improved lots more especially with that kind of price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment