Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Culture Pot, SS21, Damansara Utama (DU), Uptown, Petaling Jaya (PJ)

Address:
15, GF, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Opening Hours:
Tue-Thu:
9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri:
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat-Sun:
10:30 am - 11:00 pm

Time Visited:
9pm, Sunday night

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
An Oreo Cheesecake and a Flat White
With time to spare before watching a movie, I explored around Uptown a bit walking up and down to find something to munch and just kill some time for a while.

The Culture Pot cafe caught my eye. It's bright, warm and inviting and pulls me in like a magnet to try. When I entered the door, a cheerful voice greets me from behind the counter saying welcome. Although clearly she looks busy, but she immediately stopped to get ready to take my order when I was at the cash register. I wasn't ready so I asked her to gimme a few minutes as I study their menu board and she gleefully pointed out to me their menu which consists of main dishes to eat as a meal as well.  In the end I decided upon a flat white and their Oreo Cheesecake. I'm not sure why but the Oreo Cheesecake was priced a dollar higher than the other cakes. But they were running a promo for that and so ordering it as a set only costs RM20 in total.

I sat myself down at the nearest seat as I scanned across the room. Christmas decors filled the cafe and the friendly staff was as cheerful as ever as she took the time to actually set a bottle of water with an empty glass at my table despite her busy looking state. Every time I thanked her she seemed genuine in replying a welcome. Such an infectious cheery state which puts me very much at ease. Surprisingly, the coffee came first before the cake for some reason but I understand since it was only her behind the counter all the while from the time I ordered till I receive my beverage with dessert.

The pleasant atmosphere of the cafe invited me to snap a few more pictures than usual. But I just wish it were sunlight since my camera phone didn't translate the pictures to a natural lighting and it looks dimmer than it should be.

Although the coffee beans seemed dark in color in the burr grinder, it didn't taste like dark roast at all. It was pleasant with sweet chocolatey kind of taste to it with some creamy feel to it from the milk. The milk faded away though along with it's art with just a few sips from it. But nonetheless it satisfied my cravings for the caffeine.

The Oreo Cheesecake appears to be very dense in it's form. The cream cheese is compact and almost hard while the Oreo formed the base of it with some sprinkles of the crumbled cookie on top. Strangely enough, I tasted none of the Oreo effects but mostly of the cream cheese taste unless I dig a whole lot more of the base than the cream cheese taste. Then a mild burst of the Oreo flavor will surface.

All in all, the ambiance is very pleasant, the coffee is good but the cake is only on a passable standard for me. I would quite like to return to this cafe one day to try their main dishes and see how well the guy behind at the kitchen does in his cooking.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM20. This is due to their promo combo of cakes with coffee after 7pm which costs a nett price of RM20. It includes 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
7.5/10. I just love the chirpiness of the staff and how friendly and polite she was. She seemed to enjoy her work very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment