Monday, December 14, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: Minut Init Art Social Presents Star Wars Marathon

I have to admit, I never knew such a place existed such as Minut Init Art Galleria which also consists of a social room as well in the Uptown area.

Being close to the launch of the new Star Wars movie entitled "The Force Awakens" that is directed by J.J. Abrams, every fanboys' anticipation is high and to recap on how the whole confusing Star Wars Saga goes (since the original trilogy then got a prequel trilogy to tell the tale that came to be), a lot of places are running a Star Wars marathon to refresh the memories of those that know the series and to lure new interest to this hype as well. Minut Init, an art gallery, did just that from December 10 to 15.

As I walked up the dodgy stairs towards the social room where a bar is setup there as well, I entered a homely room-like settings where the Star Wars theme blared out with the projector ready to go. Unable to see any life forms in the room, I decided to take my leave to adjourn to a cafe nearby for some snacks and coffee and that's when a meek voice at the back of my head called up asking whether I was there for the screening and I said yes. He said that it will start around 30 minutes time and since there's time to spare, I decided to explore the area for a spot of coffee and cake. After all, I saw uptown booming with a lot of new cafes and eateries at the area. I stumbled upon The Culture Pot and will release my post on it at the next posting.

When I returned to the Minut Init, it got a lot more darker and subsequently more dodgier looking than before due to it. LOL. This indicated to me that they've already started playing the movie. As I entered into the room that I was before, it's now pitched dark with the movie playing upon the far ends of the wall. I was warmly greeted by the person in charge there even though the movie was playing and I took my seat at the most comfortable looking chair that I saw to view the movie.

Although "A New Hope" wasn't exactly a new movie to me, but due to me viewing it in my adolescent years, I had no understanding of what was ongoing on it's plotline at all. Re-watching it again now has helped me gain the understanding of the Star Wars franchise which was gibberish to me as a child.

I can't help but marvel at how the effects came to be even though the movie was release in 1977 and how George Lucas managed to conjure up a whole unique galaxy just so the whole plotline makes sense. In addition to that, there's also the many different characters that came into being just solely on that one movie itself.

As for Minut Init, as dilapidated as the place leading up to it may be, the social room setting that they arranged is cozy and comfortable enough. It's like a home setting. The Art Galleria is at the upper floor which I failed to visit due to my time constraint.

Though small in numbers for the event it may be, it still felt good to get out of the house after being cooped up for 2 and a half days in my room due to laziness and my abnormality depressive state, lacking in the motivation to move. I thank the guy who hosted it and am now armed with the knowledge of how Star Wars first came to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment