Sunday, March 6, 2016

A&W, PJ Palms Sports Centre, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
PJ Palms Sports Centre
No 1, Lorong Sultan
46000 Petaling Jaya Selangor


Opening Hours:
I presume 10am - 10pm, daily.

Time Visited:
Sunday evening, about 7:30pm.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Went with a friend so gonna list only what I ate. Mozza Burger, Coney Dog (beef) with cheese and Curly Fries and Root Beer Float.
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

Been on a fast food binge that weekend because I had this massive cravings for fast food that weekend.

It all started with me going to Bukit Bintang to shoot some videos for a friend and also at Avenue K on a Saturday night. Feeling this very big urge to eat fast food, I decided to stop by at Nu Sentral's McDonald's outlet to have my Spicy Chicken McDeluxe fix. Looks like McDonald's Spicy Chicken McDeluxe has shrunk considerably in size. It didn't even fill me up at all. :( After eating that I was still hungry but went home to sleep anyway.

Sunday morning came and I went to Tesco Ara Damansara for grocery shopping and before doing so, I went in to KFC to try out for the first time the Ayam Kicap Meletup for the first time. I was the first customer to enter the place during that day. Initially, I thought it wasn't opened yet but thinking to myself that it's near noon already, they should be opened and sure enough, I was right. Minutes after my entry, a lot of other people followed suit in going there. The Ayam Kicap Meletup this time didn't disappoint as it tasted great and finally something that's new that isn't a total disappointment. I felt cheated with the last one which was called Cheezy and Hot because it's just fried chicken with some cheese dip sauce given to you. They even asked do I want original or hot and spicy chicken. Erm. Isn't the word Hot in Cheezy and Hot stands for spicy? Or does it stand for the temperature term? I thought it should stand for spicy since the advertisement does it like so? Oh well.

So nighttime came and at first, my plan was just to stay and home and laze around. But since my best friend called and said he's around my place, he asked if I wanna grab a bite at A&W since he turned me down when I asked him on Friday night which he only replied on Saturday night. LOL. So I said okay and off we went to A&W.

I brought him to this PJ Palms Sports Centre outlet which is just 300 meters away from the iconic 24-hours A&W restaurant at Taman Jaya that was supposed to close down. Mind you, at the time of writing, they're still in operation despite having another outlet at PJ Palms having the construction deferred to god knows when. So we were there and we made the mistake of parking at where the PJ Palms parking were which costs RM5. But in A&W, they rebate back RM1 to you. If you want cheaper/free parking ie the goverment public parking, you just need to park at those parallel ones which I think that's the public parking since there's coin meters around. Those are free after 6pm, weekends and public holiday.

So we entered the PJ Palms' A&W branch and to my surprise, there were quite a lot of people on one side of the place for some reason. As we approached the counter there was another chap awaiting to order but there was no one there. So the guy rang the bell that's on the cash register and out pops one of the staff and took their order. It's been so long ever since I've stepped into A&W that I don't even know how to order anymore. Haha.

After ordering, I sat myself down and waited for the Coney Dogs and Burger to arrive. Looks like Mozza Burger ain't as good as it used to be because instead of the beef bacon that they put on it last time which made it taste so good, it's now substituted with some chicken crispy thingy which doesn't taste that good. The Coney Dog (beef) with cheese remains it's great taste while the root beer float is heavenly as usual. Just that the ice cream melts into the float way to quickly and you mostly just drink the ice cream up instead of scooping it to eat. As for the curly fries, that was wonderful but the normal french fries were god awful. Soggy oily mess that tasted bland when it meets your mouth. So people, stick to Curly Fries at A&W.

I've heard from some that the spicy chicken is nice too which are actually just fried chicken sprinkled with chili powder. One day I shall try this. The PJ Palms' branch of A&W may not garner as much customers, in fact A&W has been on the downhill for years now but one things for sure. It quelled my fast food needs and I just gotta have their A&W Root Beer Float with Coney Dog and Curly Fries. It's a must for me!

Total Wallet Damage:
Um, this always happens when I'm with someone. I always get distracted and even if I did take the receipt, I will always misplace it. This only happens when I eat with someone. LOL. Anyway, based on their website, I think the Coney Dog Meal combo was RM12.85 but I changed the regular fries into curly fries, so I'm not sure how much was needed to be added. As for the Mozza Burger a la carte, it costs RM9.85. No idea how much does a Root Beer Float costs to add on to the meal. LOL.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Although the one that's 300 meters away from this outlet is the one that holds many memories to me (and I'm sure for many people as well), this PJ Palms outlet should be a nice alternative though it's not as massive as the other one. It satisfied my cravings and should now be the one to create some memories for me should I visit once the other one closes for renovation. Teehee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment