Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Flicker's Diner, Citta Mall, Pusat Perdagangan Dana 1, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
Lot No. 07, 1st floor, Citta Mall, no. 1, Jalan PJU 1a/48, Pusat Perdagangan Dana 1, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 10pm. Just like Citta Mall

Time Visited:
6pm (approximate time). Tuesday evening. When rain falls and I'm in the Mall for some food.

Attire worn:
Business.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Cafe Latte (Hot) and a Braised Lamb Shank (since it's the chef recommendation item)
I wanted to go have some food at Nando's but for some reason they're closed that day and so I took the opportunity to venture around the mall to search for something I've yet to try. I first thought of Waroeng Penyet which is located on the 1st floor and so I moved on to upstairs and headed for Waroeng Penyet. As I near the place, Flicker's Diner caught my eye and so I walked closer and have a better look at it. I first hesitated to enter seeing the lack of human habitation inside the diner but due to the welcoming nature of the staff in front, I decided to give it a try.

After choosing my choice seat, I browse through the thick menu and take my time to choose my selection. I finally decided with my cliche latte and since there's the words "Chef Recommendation" beside the Braised Lamb Shank, that's what I went for to see if their signature is what it turns out to be.

The place didn't have any romantic feel nor does it resembles a diner. It actually looks the part of a cafe instead. When I walked in, they started to play songs on a computer nearby where the songs were sourced on an Internet playlist on Youtube. Their WiFi was moderate and occasionally it's just jerky hence even the playing of the songs on Youtube will sometimes had some time lag. Over at where I was, I can peer inside the kitchen having a very big open serving window that's between the dining area and the kitchen. The lone kitchen staff starts preparing my order.

The food and drinks didn't take long till it came to me. It was a bit of a surprised since it was after all, lamb shank that I was ordering. But there it was. Right in front of me with a waiting period of probably within 10-15 minutes which is fast for a lamb shank. The lamb was brittle but soft, kinda like those old lambs that they gave me but it did tasted fine. The tomato puree that is served up with the lamb shank was delicious and does add points of flavor to the lamb. It didn't have a gamy taste to it and the vegetables that served with the puree were okay. The mashed potato was okay, a bit starchy but also grainy at certain points. But the taste was not bad. As for the side salad that's served alongside this main dish, that's the least impressive item of all on the plate. It looks like store bought salad with pathetic looking lettuce that I usually see at Giant, all packed up for consumption. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes those store bought packaged salads do look nice and probably tasty too but I've seen too few of those at the Giant near my place. They also didn't serve the salad with any dressing at all.

As for the coffee, it may look dull and adulterated but one sip of it finds me liking the taste. It has a milky creamy taste which I like in coffee and a mild caffeine taste. A surprising wake up call.

Throughout my entire time being there, I was the only patron there. The double glass doors occasionally creaks open a little by itself over time and seems to be a little damaged with it being unable to close properly. Kinda creepy like there's some ghost there that pushed it. LOL. Though I judged this place as nothing much to expect in the beginning, I find that it's actually an okay place. The location may make them a little hard to be noticed though. Okay. A lot harder to be noticed. Hell, I didn't even know it existed if I weren't looking for Waroeng Penyet.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM51.30. RM11 for latte, RM33 for the lamb shank and there's a 10% service charge with 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
6/10. I thought it's not gonna be that good and didn't expect much from it but it turned out to be pretty okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment