Sunday, March 20, 2016

Siam Coffee and Dining, Subang Parade, SS16, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
G28, Ground Floor, Subang Parade, Jalan Ss16/1, 46500, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
I assume 11am - 10pm.

Time Visited:
Around 12:30pm (lunchtime) on a Friday afternoon.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
The Spicy Beef lunch set and a Hot Latte
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

Out of nowhere, I was asked along to join my colleagues for lunch and we started going to Subang Parade since they said it was so hot and needed a place that's air conditioned. So they all hopped into my car and off we went to this nearby destination for our lunch feast.

The initial plan was to eat at Uncle Lim's but when we passed by this place called Siam Coffee and Dining, one of them said he wanted to try this and so we went in. It was there and then I was suddenly surprised by my other colleague with her dropping the news that this is actually a farewell lunch for the guy. Not only was this surprised spring on me, the guy himself whom we're giving farewell to were not even told about this. LOL. Going along with this plot twist, we finally settled down on a nice round table.

Although I don't even know this place existed, there's plenty of people who's of the working crowd lunching there. They have this lunch set menu with many choices and it comes with Lemon tea (hot or cold) and a free soup on top of your main of choice. I went with the Spicy Beef rice set and ordered a Latte as an extra drink.

The place has a Chinese restaurant feel to it but to me hardly seemed well maintain with a bit of a dirty look to me and a little run down. The consolation to the ambiance would be that it had sunlight beaming in from their wall windows at the side which is covered up. Still, ample brightness from the sunlight are able to penetrate through. The place is fully run by foreign labors that are dark skin and none of any Thai element can be seen by me. Although the staff speaks English well enough, it's hard for me to understand their accent for some reason.

The drinks came first and foremost. After all, there's only a choice of either hot or cold Lemon Tea. Then, the guy later came with a tray of soup to distribute out to their customers. The free soup that was dispense was the Red Tom Yam Soup. It was spicy and pleasantly nice to drink. A quality soup which was proportioned in a small bowl to give as complimentary. This led to a good start. My Latte too came quite soon and I was surprised to see the ergonomic cup that I adore which is used at Coffee Sprex. Unfortunately, the coffee does not reflect the same level of goodness as Coffee Sprex as I felt that this coffee was bitter and seemed dark roasted. Though there's lots of milk being filled in with the coffee, it did little to downplay on it's bitterness. I fail to imagine how it would taste like espresso-wise.

The Spicy Beef Rice finally came to me and I dig in with my hungriness at an already alarming level. Basically, the Spicy Beef Rice is Kong Poh Beef Rice like the Chinese. But unlike the Chinese style which leans more towards spiciness, this one is sweeter in it's sauce rather than savory. Along with the meat, there's a side of salad placed beside the rice for your balance meal which as usual, I leave those things untouched. The taste is quite okay and I don't mind trying their other type of rice or even noodles from their ala carte menu. Just that the ambiance does nothing to impress me.

Total Wallet Damage:
Again, not sure. LOL. But I think their set lunch amount to RM13.90 while the Latte is RM7.50? Didn't take note of it.

Final Verdict:
6/10. It's nice to have something different like this once in a while. I also see a lot of Malays coming to this place as well so I guess their pork free ways are clearly very acceptable with them. Didn't see any Halal certification though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment