Monday, February 29, 2016

Nasi Lemak Bumbung, SEA Park, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
Jalan 21/11b, Sea Park, 46300 Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 5:30pm - 4am.

Time Visited:
About 8:30pm? I guess so, since it was just after my dinner. Sunday night

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Nasi Lemak Ayam with Telur Mata (bullseye egg/ sunny side up egg) and Teh O Ais Limau (Iced Lemon Tea)
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

During the weekends, I had a fast food bender starting from Saturday evening where I feast on McDonald's. Still having some fast food cravings the next day, I went to KFC to eat in the morning to try the "Ayam Kicap Meletup" for the first time. And finally, in the evening, I went for an A&W feast, eating a 2 persons meal just to satiate that craving appetite in me. Since my friend wasn't really full then, he decided to take me to this Nasi Lemak Bumbung to try since I've never eaten here before.

When we arrived around 8 something pm, the place was brimming with customers. Mind you Nasi Lemak Bumbung is not a fancy restaurant place nor is it a restaurant shop on it's own at all. It prepares it's meal from a shop that sells Bah Kut Teh which is closed but they occupy the back portion of it. As for the seating area, it's all just makeshift tables and chairs setup outside of the bank beside and all along the back alley. So yeah, that's where you'll actually be eating. Either beside the bank that's closed by night or at the back alleyway. Since there's throngs of people at the place during that time, we had to walk quite a distance before we reached an empty table. Hell, Nasi Lemak Bumbung is at a corner and we were almost at the end! Ya, so that's how famous this place turned out to be. Most people are just there to eat their nasi lemak but there are some who order their mee goreng (fried noodles) to eat. As for me, I decided to try their nasi lemak.

It didn't take long for the food to arrive possibly less than 5 minutes. It's even faster than the drinks sometimes. Armed with minimal light at the back alleyway, it's laughable to see lights in star decorations at the area near to where their corner is. I can't imagine that spicing up the ambiance at all since it is after all.....a back alleyway. LOL. The Nasi Lemak gives evidence to them plating in a hurry with sloppy sambal hastily plonked at one side with splashes all around and a pathetic looking small drumstick chicken that barely contained any meat on it. As for my sunny side up egg, it's ruined in transition with the yolk already gone, very much drained from it's juices.

I soon evaluate the taste to see if it's good. The rice was fragrant but has a harder texture than what I'm used to. The egg didn't give off anything out of the ordinary and the sambal was just there to add a bit of a taste to it. The sambal didn't emit anything special and it wasn't the spicy kind. To me, it tasted more of the sweet kind and it wasn't enough to go with the rice portion so it's a good idea to order extra sambal. As for the chicken, now this has a unique taste that separates from the rest. It tasted of heavy Indian spices which I guess is what some people like but to me, it's still just a fried chicken with a little bit of a different flavoring.

Aside from the unique fried chicken taste, I guess the other thing that probably is the draw for people to come is it's cheap price. With the Nasi Lemak and the drink, it's only RM6.50.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM6.50 in total and as you can guess, there's definitely no GST nor service charge. LOL.

Final Verdict:
2/10. I still don't understand what's the draw to this place aside from the cheap price. This makes Village Park Nasi Lemak taste like heaven which I still feel it's overrated though many love it. 'Awesome' (read: awful) ambiance, 'lovely' (read: rude) service, 'great' (read: mediocre) food, I have to wonder why people like it so much aside from their quick dispense of the Nasi Lemak and the cheap price. Oh, and not that I'm racist or anything, I observed that 80% of their customers consists of Chinese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment