Monday, February 8, 2016

Patty & Pie, Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Address:
40, Jalan PJU 1/45, Aman Suria, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun:
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Time Visited:
12:30pm, cruising on a Saturday afternoon

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Cheese Burger and a hot Latte
After getting ready for the Chinese New Year celebration, I head on over to Patty and Pie in Aman Suria for a quick lunch meal. Parking over there may be a little bit of a hassle even though it's Saturday because of the cramp road and the many car wash and car accessory shops around. You may need to go further down for a parking spot but just a short walking distance away.

I walked in excitedly to try out their food and was surprised that they had a Tripadvisor sign and a TV3 Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan sign on their front door. And yet, I've never heard of this place before until one day me and my friend went driving around to hunt for food around Aman Suria. Patty and Pie had the charm of a wooden coffeeshop/cafe/bistro appeal and yet the sound system is blaring songs of yesteryears like a diner. It didn't look like a diner but sounded like one. Their staff at the moment of my visit consists of mainly foreigners and gives me the impression as one being lazy while the other one hardworking. The hardworking one obviously is always busy attending to the needs of the customer while the other mainly sits on his ass and didn't see me signal until the other guy saw me and indicated to him to attend to me.

I originally intended to try out their pizzas since my friend is interested in wood fire oven pizza to gauge whether it's worth the visit for a second time around but due to me having something to eat in the morning when I sent my car to wash, I decided to eat something lesser which is the burger. I looked upon the typical clipboard menu which contains not many things to see. The main things to order would only be the Pizza and the Burgers. And so I decided on a Cheeseburger - simple and hopefully delightful for easy test. Their burgers are all served with "herb tinged fries" and "house sauce" and you have the choice of beef or chicken whereby I went for beef.

After a waiting period of around 5 minutes, my latte arrived on my table. The art was "pretty" as quipped by a boy on the next table and it looks well concocted. Served in a warmed up saucer and cup, I am well pleased it was so because this will ensure that my coffee will remain warm a little longer. The latte was a joy to drink, good coffee beans profile and a right amount of milk for a latte. It produced moderate coffee flavors with a slight chocolatey aftertaste. This is one that I simply enjoyed.

After much awaiting later, my cheeseburger finally arrived to the delight of my growling tummy. It's placed in a holder that advertises their joint just like KGB and as mentioned with a side of fries and a pale yellow tinged colored sauce to accompany. The fries can clearly be seen that it's sprinkled with some green garnish on top to provide some taste. The fries are straight cut fries and is lukewarm, good to consume without being too hot. The garnishing of some salt, pepper and some parsley taste envelops the fries lightly giving it a more savory taste. Dipping into the house sauce heightens it unexpectantly. The house sauce tasted to me like a cheese + mayo dip which I adored very much due to the cheesy nature of it.

After finishing off the fries, I went ahead to tackle the burger. The burger as promised, is the beef patty burger with huge lettuce chunks and 2 slices of pickles. The cheddar cheese melting atop the patty. Mayonnaise seems to be blotted upon the pickles. However, I detected no signs of caramalized onions though. In my opinion, it wouldn't have matter anyway because the biggest factor on taste would be the beef patty and the pickles. Other than that, I couldn't taste anything else. The patty seems to have a very strong beef taste while the pickle barely manage to compete but eked out faintly some of it's taste. I didn't even get any taste of cheese at all. This should be called more of a beefburger than a cheeseburger. LOL. Anyway, it was rather nice to consume. Aside from my wish for more cheese taste, there's also a slight annoyance of the patty a wee bit too flaky for me. It's not a very big problem. It holds pretty well together overall but it's just a little bit flaky which I prefer my patty to be more solid when being compressed together and grilled.

After being appeased by the lovely meal, I finished up my coffee and headed on my merry way.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29. Here's another thing good about this cafe, it does not charge GST nor service charge. At least it's not stated in their receipt nor menu. RM11 for latte and RM18 for the Cheeseburger or shall I say beefburger. LOL.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Food is good, coffee is good. Ambiance wasn't much but I'm not there for the ambiance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment