Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ozen Zanmai, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
LG K02, Lower Ground, The Gardens, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Mid Valley City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
Around 7pm, Tues night

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Green Tea (hot) and Chicken Katsu Curry Rice (Large)
Just before a movie of Hail, Caesar! at Mid Valley Megamall, I decided to head for dinner before the stipulated time of the show.

I rolled the dice and landed upon Ozen Zanmai to try this time around which is located at The Gardens Mall. Situated at the Lower Ground floor, it's contained in one of those center section where it isn't a proper shop with doors and stuff to lock up but the built up area was large and Lower Ground sections are all allocated for food and beverage with this kind of settings anyway.

Being a solo diner, I sat at the bar section and look at the big menu to see what I can eat. Strangely enough, there's no drinks menu and yet they ask you right away what you wanna drink so without missing a bit, I naturally ordered hot green tea since it's a Japanese restaurant and that's the only thing I know for sure would be available. Although quite a temptation for me to order the Hot Pot, I decided to go for the Katsu Chicken Curry Rice instead. Feeling rather hungry, I ordered for the large portion instead.

It didn't take long at all for my grub to arrive almost instantaneous. When they say large, they really do meant it because the huge plate with a sea of curry at one side was a really sizable portion. Armed with steaming hot sticky rice it mesmerized me to quickly get to business and chow down. But first, I carefully mixed it all up so that the sea of curry would taint on the rice which would be better. This way, the curry wouldn't be spilling so easily and I don't need to eat the rice plain. Though the portion was huge, the taste wasn't that huge to me. It was just downright average. Everything about this dish was average, from the curry, to the rice, to the chicken cutlets.

As I was eating, I chance upon my eyes gazing of what seemed to be a great layer of dust on the side of the cold display case. Well, it wouldn't have bother me if it were just next to a wall or something but they put a container of clean bowls next to it which makes me feel unsettling because the dust may contaminate the bowls. Anyway, I highlighted this issue to the manager and hopefully they improve on this and won't make this mistake ever again.

Service in refilling the green tea and clearing dishes were rather efficient. There's never a time at all that I needed to ask for them to refill my green tea at all. They're always on top of it to ensure that my cup is never empty. Plates were cleared the second I finished my meal. And they also seemed to be quite alert to customers who call them.

There's not much to like about the ambiance though. But then again, it's just one of those middle sections that aren't even their own proper outlet with doors. The bar area is a little busy with disturbance though since they put stuff at the side of the empty area of the bar and with heavy menus and trays, I felt every thump when they put down the stuff and with every tap, I felt it though it's about two seats away. It gets quite annoying at times but I don't blame them, that's the place they put and there don't seem to be a cabinet area that's empty for them to put. Perhaps they may want to reconsider reorganizing how things are placed.

Paid, left and went for my coffee fix before the movie begins.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM25. RM23.80 for the curry rice and RM1.20 for the green tea. GST of 6% is included.

Final Verdict:
5/10. Portion is huge and will definitely get you feeling full with their large portion. Ambiance not much to look at and taste of the food is average.

0 comments:

Post a Comment