Friday, February 12, 2016

Tetra House of Briyani, Bandar Bukit Tinggi, Klang, Selangor

Address:
10, Lorong Batu Nilam 4a, Bandar Bukit Tinggi, 41200 Klang, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun:
7:00 am - 11:00 pm

Time Visited:
12:30pm(?) on a Wednesday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Tetra Mutton Briyani and Mango Lassi
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

Regarded by some as the Best Nasi Briyani (in Klang), my colleagues purposely took the opportunity on the lack of traffic during this Chinese New Year season to head on over to Klang for their favorite Tetra's Nasi Briyani. Though I'm not an avid eater of Nasi Briyani, I do enjoy some eats out of the norm and this Nasi Briyani will splendidly do for me. So they took me down all the way on a journey that would normally take 1 hour plus should it be normal traffic.

Tetra House of Briyani looks like your normal Indian restaurant and is situated in a humble looking shoplot that just looks nothing out of the ordinary. The only decor that probably would most catch your eye would be the fountain next to the cashier counter. The tables are placed closed together with not much ample walkway for you to move around. Though they may seemed like a small unknown restaurant, they're actually well known among the local Klang residents and when we arrived there, there's already 2 big tables reserved for big groups. That leaves the other 40 - 50 odd places left for the public to sit on. We got ourselves a place next to the fountain and the guy started to come around to take our orders. I went for their Mutton Briyani and their Mango Lassi which both items are what they're most famous for.

It didn't take long till our orders came to us and that helps when you're hungry like the wolf. The mango lassi has a nice striking orangey yellow color and was served to me in a usual teh tarik ice glass. The mango lassi was thick and you can tell that it's made with real mango, a great fun type of drink to further bloat you up with it's creaminess. The sweetness was once complained by another colleague of mine but I find nothing of that sort with me. It tasted perfect; the right kind of sweetness where most of it derives from the mango taste itself and further enhanced by probably some sugar added together.

The presentation on the mutton briyani was nice and lovely. Served in a silver pot, the mutton all sits at a bottom with a whole hard boiled egg hidden underneath the briyani rice as well. Please note that the mutton that you see on my picture is merely for aesthetic purpose. They don't really serve it that way. It's all inside the pot. There's also 2 small servings, one with dhal and another with their cucumber salad of which both are also delicious.

The Nasi Briyani although may not be of striking yellow as the mango lassi, don't let the dullness in color fool you. It's soft and well cooked and works very well with whatever that's served together with. Smooth and easy on it's rice texture unlike the usual kind where it's usually more coarse. The mutton too was delectable. Soft and easy to consume. Nice and not too spicy in taste. Though the pungent spice taste in Briyani is not that strong, there's still a little bit of it. That kind of taste is the thing that puts me off the most in eating Briyani so I took care so as to not chew on those strong spices and sift it off.

The place filled up in a jiffy with lots of Indian and even some Chinese walking in to have their meal there. After tasting the Nasi Briyani, I can understand why my colleagues love it so much and regard it as the best in Klang or for them, the best Nasi Briyani, period.

Total Wallet Damage:
Um, I don't know really. But I'm sure it's not really expensive. That reminds me, I forgot to pay back my colleague cause I'm so used to paying first. D:

Final Verdict:
7.5/10. A really nice Nasi Briyani place and I can understand why some say it's the best. And yet, it's not really recognized in magazines and food awards. Well, I say keep this hidden gem hidden. We don't want it crowded with it's already small outlet nor wanting it to open another branch and then having their food quality standard start deteriorating. Try the Mango Lassi too. It's good. I heard that their masala tea is not bad either but I didn't try it. Perhaps I'll do so at another time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment