Monday, February 1, 2016

Pebbles' Place, Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
D-G-25A Ground Floor, Block D, Jalan PJU 1/45, Aman Suria, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue-Thu:
11:30 am - 10:30 pm
Fri-Sun:
11:30 am - 11:00 pm

Time Visited:
I can't really remember since it's such a long time back. LOL. But I figured after dinner and all, around 10pm? Since we were initially thinking of Patty and Pie but since it was almost 10pm, we decided to head to Pebbles' Place instead. It's a Saturday night.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A Cake and a Latte for me.
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

After me and my friend had a satisfying dinner at 6 2 10 Grill, we drove around to search for a cafe to relax and chill with a cup of coffee for me.

We initially wanted to go to Patty and Pie but seeing that it closes at 10pm and we were near 10pm, we decided to head to Pebbles' Place instead. The name Pebbles' I believe derives from the Flintstones cartoon since in their menu I saw some dishes named after Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty. The place was quiet and looking a little swanky with the posh lights lit and all that's left inside were the owners and their friends in one table and the cafe workers. Since it was just after me and my friend's dinner, we were just looking for dessert and drinks and nothing more. I eyed at the glass case that contains a few cakes there and after my friend ordered his drink, he directed the waiters attention to me while I look longingly inside the glass case. I then ordered one of the cakes which I believe is the Red Velvet cake. He immediately got behind the counter and started to work out the order.

Unfortunately, he forgot to ask me my drink and after I sat down awhile, I realized I haven't order my coffee. And so I had to get up and walk towards the counter and tell the guy that I want a hot latte. Oh well. I never knew it was that easy to confuse the people there. LOL. We waited for a moderate waiting period and that's when our orders were brought in to us.

The cake consists of a wedding cake like similar feeling where the icings and frostings were much and makes up 80% of the cakes sweetness. The rest of it like the pastry of the cake and the red velvet taste were minimal but overall, I guess I can say that the cake was okay. The coffee was strong in it's caffeine profile and has a forceful bitter taste but does not linger long in the aftertaste. The pull of the shot and the mixture of the latte were a little amateurish if I were to judge. I guess they weren't really a third wave kind of coffee cafe but rather the ones where caters for those who seeks out coffee as a means to stay awake.

The ambiance looks good, has cement walls settings with odd paintings and lights behind long benches that illuminates the place with excellence. A comfy setting with some pop background music playing in moderate volume that it's hard to ignore but wouldn't drown out your conversation with your friend.

Total Wallet Damage:
I'm sure you know by now that usually when I'm out with a friend, I hardly take note of the price, right? LOL. So I'm stumped on the price. Sorry.

Final Verdict:
6/10. A nice place to just chill and enjoy the company of friends but I wouldn't come here just for the coffee. Can't say anything about the food because I didn't try any.

0 comments:

Post a Comment