Friday, February 19, 2016

Epicuro, SS21, Damansara Utama (DU) aka Uptown, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
20G Jalan SS21/35,
Damansara Utama (DU) aka Uptown,
47400 Petaling Jaya (PJ),
Selangor

Opening Hours:
Tue-Fri:
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat-Sun:
10:00 am - 11:00 pm
Kitchen closes between 3pm - 6pm but desserts and beverages are still available during these times.

Time Visited:
About 10:30 in the AM, Sunday morning. Valentine's Day~

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw and Sunny Side Up Egg and Mango Lychee
Valentine's Day~

It started on this fateful day and I decided to start it off with Epicuro. Hearing that the food is noteworthy from a foodie friend of mine, I finally decided to visit it and judge it for myself. When I entered the premise I was a bit surprised of the amount of people that's already inside while the 2 staff manning the restaurant front were frantically still preparing the place up. I sat myself down as they ignored my presence and continued on with whatever task they're doing. I didn't really care since they've already laid out menus on tables to ease them into attending to people when they come in. And so I peruse the menu in search of something that I would fancy for breakfast.

I soon decided upon the Caesar Salad and a fizzy drink called the Mango Lychee though at this juncture, I know I usually order a cup of coffee but struggled with myself to try something else instead. I flagged one of the busy waitress in order to get my order in and she hurriedly towards me. Unfortunately, they said they ran out of Caesar Salad. (What nonsense?! How can any restaurant run out of salad??? What a baffling statement). And so I decided upon the Pulled Pork Sandwich instead and added on the sunny side up egg.

It didn't take long for my drink and sandwich to arrive to me. I would say it was extremely quick. Perhaps of their anticipation on what were to be ordered and this is one of the items and not the Caesar Salad. Anyway, it looked great with the top portion of the french loaf lopsided boasting the magnificently seasoned egg with the rest of the ingredients hidden beneath it. There's a side of salad served alongside the sandwich and you can barely see the pulled pork with the bountiful of vegetables surrounding it but it's the gem key ingredient. Without the pulled pork in the sandwich, I would say the taste would be far less important with it making up 70% of the greatness of this sandwich. The coleslaw too proved to be a mostly unseen feature but produces great taste and you must have more of it once you've savored a taste of it. The rest of it falls into place with the egg leading the way in terms of taste and visual. As for the Mango Lychee in all it's fizziness, there's really not much to it aside from tasting like a typical soda pop with the mostly acute sweetness producing a fruity taste.

There seems to be a steady stream of customers approaching this facility and the busy state of the staff continues further right up till the time I left. They were courteous enough during my departure and handed me a loyalty card to entice me further in a return visit. Well, we'll see. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
RM30.95. Sandwich is RM16.90 and the drink is RM10.90. Service charge of 5% taxable (not worth it) and 6% GST imposed.

Final Verdict:
6/10. I'm not sure whether it's always this way but I find the service lackluster and to think they charge 5% for that too. Geez. Food was not bad though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment