Sunday, January 4, 2015

Coffee Etc (Et Cetera), Oasis Square, Ara Damansara

Address:
E-G-08, Block E, Oasis Square, Jalan PJU 1A/7 Ara Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri:
7:30 am - 1:00 am
Sat:
9:00 am - 1:00 am
Time Visited:
Tuesday night for dinner around 6.45pm
Attire worn:
Business since it was after my work
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A bottle of Guinness and Big Breakfast with Sunny Side Up Eggs
Coffee Et Cetera is a place where by day it's a self-service cafe but by night is a place where you'll be waited upon and is more of a restaurant pub thing.

The day that I intended to go to Coffee Etc was unfortunately a day where there's a company who booked the indoors for it's function. I almost stepped into the outlet when I was stopped by a wait staff at the front asking me on whether I'm with the party. I didn't understand her immediately since she had a heavy Filipino accent and that's when I noticed the makeshift sign pasted on the door. I skimmed quickly for key words and it stated about 5pm onwards Coffee Etc indoors is off limits where I blurted out loudly to myself saying,"Oh, it's closed is it?" And the wait staff replied no but kept asking the same question of whether I'm with the function which baffles me. Closed or not? In the end she slowly told me that I'm allowed to sit at the al fresco area but the indoors is booked for some kind of company event.

Seeing the weather wasn't as humid and heated as it was, I agreed and got right down to business.

My order is surely a queer combination, beer with breakfast at night.

The reason why I ordered beer even though I can't drink much anymore is to try to train myself again on my alcohol tolerance and to see whether the results are still the same. The waitress initially told me that Guinness might not be available and so I inquired on what are you certain that is available? In the end, I told her to bring me a Paulaner if Guinness were out. Turns out, there's still Guinness and I enjoyed a small bottle. A pity this place don't have it on tap else it would be smoother and richer.

The Big Breakfast took considerably long to arrive but when it does, I could see the care and effort of preparing it.

There's a waffle, two Sausages, some turkey ham (if I'm not mistaken), two kinds of baked beans and some mushrooms. I think in the morning, you're served with a toast but since it's night time, they're serving me some fries to go with it. Hence, the oddness of fries in a breakfast platter.

The waffle although looks plain Jane tastes good. Some sweetness in it which makes it perfect without the need of sloppy maple syrups gooeyly running down the waffle. The way that was prepared also ensures a much more balanced spread out of the sweetness throughout the waffle. The crinkle cut fries were adequate in taste and seasoning making it not a problem for me to finish it off. The two sunny side up eggs fused together in the beginning looks a little too cooked to me but after slicing through the yolk, it was still runny and perfectly done which makes me a happy camper. Sausages and turkey ham, nothing to shout about but is delicious enough to consume. So are the beans and mushrooms. It doesn't take a genius to know that the sausages and turkey ham are store bought and not made from scratch which are a much safer way of running a business and easier to manage.

The small bottle of Guinness filled merely two glasses but as I predicted, I still can't handle much liquor. This puny little bottle of Guinness Foreign Extra which is of 6.8% alcohol content got me swerving around though I downed the liquid in a time span of two hours. Looks like I still have to stay away from alcohol.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM49.70. RM26.95 for the Big Breakfast and RM15.90 for a small bottle of Guinness. Contains 10% service charge and 6% government tax. The bill comes immediately when they serve you the food. Scared you either get too drunk or run off? That's the message I'm receiving. LOL.

Final Verdict:
5/10. Music was okay, ambiance was okay, service was okay but at times a little off. It's a place that I'd rather not go alone at night because it looks sad and it brings me a little down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment