Thursday, January 15, 2015

Abah and Sons Co. Motocafe, Lake Fields, Sungai Besi

Address:
62A, The Trillium, Lake Fields, Jalan Tasik Utama 7, Sungei Besi, Kuala Lumpur
Opening Hours:
Wed-Sun. 10am-10pm
Time Visited:
Around 7pm. It was a Thursday night where I was tired but still went for this adventure.
Attire worn:
Business. Believe me. I feel like a fish out of water being the only smartly dressed gentlemen in the whole entire area.
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Just a latte.
Well, I originally planned to eat something from this cafe but due to the disarray and clutter of many things in the cafe, I'm somehow intimidated to skip it. Can't blame them though because they're motor enthusiast. Hence, the workshop with the many motorcycle materials around. I'm also baffled by seeing a barbershop with one seat inside. They also have a super antique cash register.

To tell you honestly, I'm a little afraid when I drove through the kampung kind of atmosphere just outside of the Lake Fields area. Being inside the Lake Fields area, it still looks like a dangerous neighborhood and with me dressing up in a business attire, I automatically classified myself as an outsider who's not of this area (which of course, is true). And I thought my stroll to Sentul was bad.

Upon entering the cafe, I must've taken them by surprise as they look at me with suspicious eyes and you can clearly see a surprise look on one of the staff at the cash register. He tried his best to muster up whatever English is in him and timidly spoke as politely as he knows how to me. I asked for a latte and it took me a while to understand what he was saying as he wasn't a native English speaker and the pop songs blaring through the loudspeakers drowned his soft spoken voice. After catching him asking me on whether I'm here to stay for the drink or to pack home, I told him I'll be sitting around. I must've shocked him. Cause while delivering my change to me, he asked me again but in Malay and I still can hardly hear him. When I repeated myself that I'm gonna sit here to enjoy my latte, he finally got the message sunk into him.

This cafe does surprise me on the amount of people who would purposely visit this cafe for a meal but seldom for a coffee.

My latte was underwhelming. It definitely isn't the cup that I would like. The ratio of the milk overpowered whatever taste of coffee that's in it. Not sure if it's because the coffee was mild but I certainly couldn't taste much of coffee. Only milk. It did have a strong scent when it arrive. Piping hot. But alas, I was hoping for something better out of a cluttered environment such as this.

Total Wallet Damage:
That's the one good thing about it, cheap pricing. The latte merely cost RM8. I guess it's forgivable.

Final Verdict:
3/10. Well, at least the price is cheap and the chap tried to be polite to me. That's the only nice thing that I can say about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment