Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ah Lye Curry Fish Head, SS19, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
28 Jalan SS 19/1G, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon–Sun:
Noon–3:00 PM
5:00 PM–10:00 PM

Time Visited:
About 12:30pm. One Thursday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
The Curry Fish Head of course, some vegetables and a drink (kam kat. Lime with sour plum?)
Ok. I'm not so well verse in my Cantonese when it comes to food so this focal point will be the Curry Fish Head which is their signature dish.

Hearing that the portion served is minimum for two persons, I had no choice but to bring my 2 colleagues along (1 won't go without inviting the other). So forgive me, technically, this isn't exactly A-Lone Diner material where the perspective should come from a person dining alone at a given restaurant.

Anyway, I was very tempted to try this Curry Fish Head and so I headed off to this place in SS19, Subang Jaya. Not very sure of it's exact location, I used the GPS system to locate it. I soon found out it's near my old clients place who is/was a doctor. The place is hidden in a row of shops that is inside a residential area for some reason and seems to be the only restaurant there. You need to pass a security check point and leave through an auto gate when you want to go there. What's more, the signboard is not very easy to see being black in color with red fonts. I bet, nighttime you won't even be able to see the sign at all. LOL.

Arriving at such an ideal time, there were some tables occupied but plenty more space to go. We sat ourselves down and the guy who limps came to take our orders. Of course, I straightaway stated that I wanted the curry fish head which is the main reason of me finding this place. We also ordered some vegetables to balance up. You know, typical of women. As for my drink, I ordered kam kat. My colleagues were slightly annoyed at me when I started taking photos of the food with my phone. LOL. I just ignored them and let them chat among themselves throughout the entire course of the meal until they ask me a question, then I snap out of my zone and would ask them to repeat the question since I'm not listening. Haha.

Of course, the whole of it were eaten with rice like any typical Chinese restaurant. The curry fish head has a massive looking amount of ingredients in it. At first bite, the Curry Fish Head didn't emit any taste that's out of the ordinary and I was thinking oh, it's just ordinary. The curry is mild not spicy at all but you still get the curry taste of it. As I dig more into it, I find that the curry gets more and more addictive to consume and leaving me craving for more. I didn't care much of the ingredients inside the curry fish head all that matters the most is the curry itself. Just that with the rice is actually enough for me to want more. My only gripe about it is that there's very little fish to eat despite being called curry fish head. But then again, a fish head don't have a lot of meat in it anyway and I guess they don't really put fish meat in it besides the fish head.

The rest were just as normal. Vegetables were okay and passable. The Kam Kat is nice and has a whole sour plum fruit at the bottom. It's not the preserved one, it's the actual fruit which makes the drink nicer than a lot of other coffee shops.

My other 2 colleagues were enticed to order rojak to try but I refrain from eating it since I'm not really a fan of rojak and this is something new that they're actually trying to do. I took one of it and found out that I didn't like it at all. It has a very weird taste to it and the sauce is very very thick but it didn't taste like your normal kind. Maybe because it's more pungent.

Although I may not be dining alone there, I did notice a man that went there to dine on his own. Of course he didn't go for the curry fish head since that may be too much for him but he went with the fried rice.

I may wanna try dining on my own here by having the curry fish head all to myself. XD

Total Wallet Damage:
All in all, RM64.50. 3 plates of rice, curry fish head, a plate of vegetable, 3 drinks and a plate of rojak.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Geez. Recently most of the places is a 7 out of ten to me. This curry fish head is highly addictive to me. Even after my meal, I've been thinking about it almost the whole day. But I just wish they would give more meat. It may look alot but it's just okra and tofu pok (dried beancurd) a lot. Fish, just a little bit from the head. I think I took all of the fish and my colleagues didn't get any. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment