Saturday, October 24, 2015

Wondermama X, Avenue K, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
G-8C, Ground Floor, Avenue K, 156 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 10pm.

Time Visited:
About 6:43pm, Monday night.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Sp. Cham with Kopi Jelly (don't ask me what is Sp. Maybe it stands for special?) and Super Potato Salad
Today, I seemed to have this weird want of eating healthy. Very unlike me. Maybe I'm sick. I guess I am. I am sick in my head. LOL. Insane in the membrane.

So with that note, I ordered the Super Potato Salad. Of all the things in Wondermama X, I ordered that. No meat at all. Very unlike me. Oh well. I must be really going crazy. But in balancing up, I did order the Cham with Kopi Jelly.

Over at Avenue K (which I opted to take the LRT instead of driving all the way there since I don't want to be caught in KL traffic during rush hour), everybody seems to be heading the opposite direction of where I was heading. LOL. This is because most of the office workers are rushing to go home by LRT for those who work there but as for me, I'm heading into their work location. There's a small Japanese food fair there and also a small Doraemon fair immediately coming up from the escalator. But I went straight to Wondermama X instead.

There weren't a lot of people during that time hence the easiness of me to obtain a place. But Wondermama X is not exactly a place to worry about being single and dining on your own because they get a lot of that there. During my visit, there were already 3-4 single patrons there. At a time where most locals would rush to head home, Wondermama X later filled up with foreign tourists and expats after 7pm.

The long bench sofa that I sat on was really comfortable. It just gives me a sense of comfort and relaxation. I could sit on that place for a very very long period of time with this level of comfort. The place requires you to fill up an order sheet in order to order something. I wrote down my order and passed it on to a waitress passing by.

The drink that I ordered didn't take long to come around. My initial first sip makes me feel that the cham with kopi jelly was way too sweet. But after I finished my meal and the ice has melted considerably, a good stir will uncover that it's just the right amount of sweetness. The only problem for me would be I need to wait for the ice to melt further. LOL. The Kopi jelly taste just like your regular jelly. I wonder did I read it right? Did they mean that the drink is with kopi (in which case it would be redundant to state because cham already means tea with coffee mixed together) or do they mean that the jelly is coffee flavored? I reckon it's the latter but fail to taste any coffee taste in the jelly but rather just taste like any ordinary grass jelly.

The potato salad despite just being a salad, took some time for it to be served to me. It's with salad greens (of course) and cold mashed potatoes, some cherry tomatoes and croutons and fried noodles with sesame salad dressing. The salad greens were okay, it weren't those bitter ones. The cold mashed potato caught me off guard as I didn't know it was cold. Within the mashed potato, there's also boiled ones in it that tasted okay. The sesame salad dressing tasted very familiar. I think it's that Japanese sesame salad dressing that a lot of establishments use in their salad. All in all, although the uniqueness of the dish is there, the taste is just so-so.

I finished up my meal rather quickly that day. Not really sure why. Again, not myself. Probably because I was really hungry because I skipped lunch that day.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM24.30. One thing good about this place is that it doesn't charge service charge. Only 6% GST. The price is rather reasonable which is RM8.50 for the drink and RM15.80 for the salad which is already inclusive of GST.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Nice place to chill and relax but can get crowded during peak period so go before the peak period begins. Very lone diner friendly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment