Friday, October 30, 2015

Brooklyn B Bagel Bakery & Cafe, SS15, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
No. 41, Ground Floor, Jalan SS 15/8A, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tues to Sun: 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
12:30pm. Just in time for my lunch hour. XD

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Set C (Tuna Melts + Mushroom Soup + 100 Plus / Coca Cola. I chose 100 Plus)
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience. My colleague decided that she needed a driver for lunch that day when I've already decided to try my luck to search for a parking at this dreaded area in order to try the bagels here.

With the disclaimer aside, my colleague advised me to head to Asia Cafe's awfully limited parking. Miraculously, we managed to find a very cramped parking but large enough for me to squeeze into and get myself out. With that we headed off to the opposite side to head on inside Brooklyn B.

Brooklyn B is a place that is self service so orders are done at the counter. The menus are also placed over there alongside the cash register. With that in mind, the set menu is actually a separate menu altogether and it's placed beside the full menu to emphasize on it. I took a quick glance on it and decided to go for their set menu. Set C in particular. This set contains the Tuna Melts, Mushroom Soup and 100 Plus.

After paying for the bill, I took the number that was provided to me and sat myself down. There's free WiFi available here and the speed is considerably fast with the password printed on the receipt and also on the waiting number that they gave to you. The mushroom soup came together with the 100 Plus fairly quickly and it's no surprise why. The mushroom soup to me tasted like Campbell Mushroom Soup. Only more watery. Probably is that instant crap that's why it's so quick to be served to me.

My fellow colleague weren't so lucky in that because even though we mentioned to the server twice to check on the order on why is it so long, they still didn't get the hint that my colleague was missing her 100 Plus drink and mushroom soup. Until the time came that my colleague got her bagel-wich. That's when my colleague asked the person serving, "Where's my soup and drink?" With that, only did they realized that they missed out on serving it to her. LOL.

To be fair, when we entered, it was almost a full house with only the bar stools and 2 tables left that's unoccupied. Perhaps that's the reason for their mishap. They were way too busy till they don't even notice on a missing order. Anyway, no harm done.

Being the person who ordered before my colleague, naturally, I got my food before her. The bagel-wich has a side of potato chips and coleslaw. The coleslaw tasted to me like the ones that are served at KFC, only a little milder on the dressing taste. The potato chips, I can easily recognize that it's Jack N' Jill potato chips which I had no complaints since that's also basically the chips served at O'Briens and I do like that chips. The bagel-wich though, is not up to my expectation. Neither was it up to my colleague's expectation. If I'm not mistaken, the tuna that's slapped on top of the bagel is out of a can due to the familiarity of the taste to me. So that only leaves me with their bagel to evaluate which should be their signature. But the bagel also disappoints me. It's too hard for my taste. Maybe I'm too old and do not have strong gums and teeth to chew anymore. LOL. But the bagel definitely isn't the taste I was looking for.

The atmosphere is a little cramped in that wooden shack-like kind of setting with faded sunrays beaming in through the front glass double doors, the only place that it could shine through. The walls are painted dark and fake bagels (I think) are hanged on ropes as decoration at the front board area.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM13.95. From 12pm - 3pm on Weekdays, they give 30% discount off your bill and that's exactly what happened to my bill. Original price is RM19.90 for the Set C. No GST nor service charge imposed.

Final Verdict:
4/10. I'm sorry. I'm truly disappointed with the food. There's just nothing I like about it except for maybe the potato chips which I can easily buy it from hypermarkets and convenience stores. Aside from the food, the staff are quite polite and young. Probably those college students doing part time since it's so near Inti. I really don't find a reason to come here at all even though their WiFi is pretty fast. Maybe their coffee is good but that's something I didn't try since it's not with the set. Pity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment