Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Restoran Prosperity Bowl, SS2, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
19, Jalan SS 2/30, SS 2, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 7am - 9pm

Time Visited:
At about 6:30pm. Wet Tuesday evening

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A1. Chicken Noodle Soup and Honey Lime (or was it lemon lime? Just remembered the word lime but came a drink that I totally didn't expect. LOL)
Voted as the Star's People's Food Awards Best Chicken Rice shop, I went over to try out their chicken. Although being near to my home, I had never tried out the food there and didn't even know it existed. LOL. Since it was voted as the best by a lot of people, I decided to go try it out and judge for myself.

That day was a wet evening and there were two phases of heavy downpour occurring but upon the time to depart from my office, the rain had already subsided. As I was driving, the rain came again but this time wasn't as heavy to be categorized as a downpour.

Despite the earlier 2 heavy rain happening, the roads were still quite clear to me. The only part that's congested came from the LDP area which isn't exactly something new. I reached the location about 40 minutes later from driving and I decided to park at a distance and walk to scout out the area there. Although these rows of shophouses aren't exactly unfamiliar to me, I still wanted to look around to see if there's anything new. I then arrived at the shop with the faded sign greeting me.

Upon arrival, the place was almost empty. This probably is because it's rush hour and most office workers are usually rushing their way home and stuck in the horrific Klang Valley jam instead of loitering around and having early dinner. This shop amuses me because all I saw at that moment were old hats manning the place and they were shouting to each other to communicate with one another. When I sat myself down, the old lady at the cashier noticed and yelled out to another old lady who's peeling vegetables where she upon hearing the call, immediately got up, went to the counter to grab a menu and pass it to me and got ready to take my order. I went with their Chicken Noodle Soup and opted my drink to go along with it. She asked me do I wanna add on anything else like vegetables and I declined.

She then went to the back and shouted something which I had no idea what. The next few minutes were them shouting to one another and forgetting certain things which I reiterated my drink order. LOL. This scene just amuses me very much. The place is quite homely although it's a restaurant and with the few old people working, it just provided the homey atmosphere even more. The woman at the cashier actually had a big screen TV next to her to watch shows and before watching a show, she was playing some games which kinda reminded me of my dad playing computer games every night at home.

When the drink arrived to me, it surprised me because it wasn't exactly what I expected it to be. It's more of a sour plum drink than a lime drink. I guess they deemed the sour plum as a lime. LOL. Nevertheless, it was very tasty. They use the real sour plum fruit instead of the preserved ones that you normally find at hawker stall restaurants.

The time for the food to arrive is moderate, I guess this would be considered fast for them since they are of very advanced age. But I like dealing with them. Despite of old age, they're still very respectful towards me unlike so many younger generation individuals who sometimes are disrespectful towards me as a customer. They were also very patient awaiting my order as I normally take quite a long while to decide on what I'll have.

One thing unique about their Chicken Noodle Soup is that it contains three different types of meat ingredient in them although it's called Chicken Noodle Soup. Obviously, there will be the chicken slices in them, there's also fishballs in them and the one thing that makes it very unique is that it also contains pork meat in them. I quite enjoyed the pork me in the mix. In fact, I enjoyed that even more than their chicken meat. Maybe because I favor eating pork more than chicken. But I have to say, their chicken is not bad as well. Tender and chunky slices that accompanies the noodle well. The chicken are without their skins. The broth that all of these were soaked in was very delicious. I saw the bottle of dark soy sauce at the condiments tray and I couldn't resist pouring it over the noodle dish.

Another thing that I also find unique is their very fresh cili padi. When I lifted the cover, I actually caught a whiff of the cili padi's freshness and tasting it also yields the same result, very fresh indeed. It seems as if they just chopped it and put it onto the small container but it couldn't be so since there were so little of them left in the small container I was handed.

Anyway, all the while that I was there, it was a very quiet evening with occasional loud chatter from the shop's staff with neighbors. I wonder if this is the case every night or just so happens that it's that way during my time there? I also noticed that they actually had young foreign helpers but I guess they didn't appear before me earlier due to them being busy in the kitchen.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM11. RM7 for the noodles and RM4 for my drink. That's about it. No extra charges. :)

Final Verdict:
7/10. Nice place to chill and take it easy. With the old folks there, it felt as if I'm with my own kind. Haha. Food is good enough but I just felt that people has overhyped it a bit. It's not all that great nor is it the best that I've tried. But it's certainly unique. I'll give you that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment