Sunday, October 18, 2015

Flingstones Cafe, SS15, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
Jalan SS 15/8, Ss 15, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 12am

Time Visited:
Between 12:30pm - 1pm on my lunch break Friday.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Mushroom Aglio Olio and Blueberry Sparkling
Since this place is so near to my office and after awaiting for a certain someone to take me there but never did, I decided to visit the cafe on my own. It took me a while before I managed to locate a vacant parking spot and just casually went on my merry way without buying a parking coupon for my car. *Evil grin*

Originally decided to try Meeples' Nutella Latte but that place is purely gaming rather than a cafe. Those drinks and snacks are merely there if you're in the middle of your game and you're just thirsty and a bit peckish and needed something to drink and eat while finishing up your game with friends. Totally not for the single patrons. Same as how cyber cafes sell snacks and drinks to keep the gamers occupied at their seat without visiting elsewhere for some food.

Anyway, back to Flingstones Cafe. The people there were helpful and friendly and as I sat myself down, the guy behind the cash register went out of the counter and pass me the menu and informed me that he'll be at the counter when I need to order. It gave me the freedom of taking my time in determining what to order. I then unusually went with the Mushroom Aglio Olio and Blueberry Sparkling. Unusually because most people will go for their signature pork dishes and their coffee instead of this weird combination I decided on. LOL.

After seating myself down again, another of the staff brought me the cutlery in a basket that's especially setup for me, a one person. I find it rather inefficient this way because what if I wanted more serviettes? And what if I accidentally dropped one of my cutlery? By then, will they fill up the basket again or will just bring me one? Anyway, this isn't anything wrong. It's just a thought I had.

The sparkling juice and the pasta came rather quick and I wasn't expecting it to be this fast. The Blueberry Sparkling tasted nothing like blueberry at all. But then again, there's nothing much to expect from this soda water because it's more likely than not, just came out of a bottle. And if it's not, some cafe's would just slap the syrup in there along with bottled soda water. There's a lemon right at the bottom which interestingly, didn't had the lemon taste transpired into the beverage. My futile effort of mixing up the essence below with the rest of the clear water was given up when I've tried it around 5 times. And sure enough, the top portion just tasted of gassy waters while the bottom is sweet beyond any means. I tried to meet both halfway but no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get it at all. It's either too sweet or nothing at all.

The pasta had a very strong mushroom taste in it. It's served with angel hair pasta so it's a very fine pasta. The taste is alright but my gripe about this dish would be the amount of oil in it. At the bottom of the dish, you can see an oil 'lake' and that makes me gag a bit. Other than that, the upper portion is just fine with it's very strong mushroom taste.

Total Wallet Damage:
Despite forgetting to ask for a receipt, I remembered the value which is inclusive of 6% GST and that is RM11 for the beverage and RM16 for the pasta (very reasonable price) which brings to a total of RM27.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Though the food taste okay and the service is good, the ambiance is also not bad, I'll just leave it as a 6 out of 10 because it didn't contain the draw factor for me to return. Maybe I should try their signatures. But then again, as I've said before, any place should make any of their items good even though it's not their signature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment