Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Foodies Cafe, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
17-G, Jln Putra Mahkota 7/6B,
Putra Point 2, Putra Heights,
47650 Subang Jaya,
Selangor

Opening Hours:
Mon-Wed:
12:00 pm-11:00 pm
Fri-Sun:
12:00 pm-12:00 am

Time Visited:
Around 1:30pm(?)-ish? I can't recall. LOL. All I know that it's a Sunday and it's lunch time.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Happy Bolognese and Granny's Garden Tea

Never knew Putra Heights is considered a part of Subang Jaya. Always thought that it's it's own area. But this was the Sunday that I decided to go to Putra Heights to try The Foodies Cafe. From the photos I've seen, there's also performances occasionally which I bet takes place on nights.

Amazingly, I managed to get to this place without a hitch. In fact, it's as if I already knew where it was using my GPS.

The place surrounding looks very deserted. I don't blame em since it's a Sunday and most of the shops around are close. But as I entered into the cafe, it was buzzing with people. Mostly friends of the staff, I guess. Because when I entered, immediately a chirpy woman greeted me and passed me the menu at the counter and told me to take a seat first.

Later on, another person, a guy, who seems to be bored out of his mind, emerged at my table to take my order. I went with the Happy Bolognese and initially wanted to try their coffee but unfortunately, there's no water available at that time hence they're unable to operate the coffee machine without any water from the tap flowing into it. The chirpy woman who first greeted me approached me and recommended me some of their beverage. I finally decided to go for their Granny's Garden Tea. A pity I'm unable to savor their coffee.

Their pasta came to me almost in an instance. It's even faster than the tea preparation. LOL. It does look okay but a little too kiddy like because the portion seems so small. As I bite into the pasta, it was cooked nicely and had a very nice taste to it. It's very peppery though but that is something I don't mind. Another gripe point is there's totally a lack of meat. I would say none at all if I didn't discover a few very small minced meat pieces that seems to be once a meatball. For that kind of price, they should have given some meat in the dish instead of scrooging on it.

A little disappointed with that but it does have a great taste. Just wish the portion could be more too cause that barely filled me up at all.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM21.90. RM15.90 for the pasta and RM6 for the tea. No other charges incurred.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Despite the taste being great for the pasta, it's too pricey for a meatless kiddy portion. The ambiance is good and the chirpy lady who served me well did great. Just wish I could've tried their coffee. Grr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment