Monday, September 21, 2015

Coffee Stain by Joseph, Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
D4-G3-01, Solaris Dutamas,, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon-Thu:
9:30 am-11:00 pm
Fri-Sun:
9:30 am-12:00 am

Time Visited:
9:30pm, baffled on why it was on a Tuesday night and then I recalled that it was a public holiday the day after. No wonder I thought that it was a Friday.

Attire worn:
Business.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Latte and a Strawberry Waffle
Before heading off to a party, I stopped by at Coffee Stain by Joseph for a quick dessert and coffee since I still have plenty of time. It was just after a fast food dinner at Mid Valley with some Carls Jr.. Mid Valley had changed so drastically, I got a little flustered trying to figure out what to try and was checking out the new outlets that were situated at the newly renovated sections but in the end decided to just go for fast food as none of it were appealing at all and I just got reminded of the time where I worked near KLCC.

During those times, I would almost always walked out of the hotel that I worked for and usually to KLCC to have a lookaround even though food were provided for. And at KLCC, the place would be so darn packed with people that I would lose my appetite just seeing at the crowd of people and would just head back to the hotel without having a meal at all. I can't remember the number of days that I worked there without actually eating any lunch because I just lose my appetite upon seeing the crowd of people. I just know, it's a lot of times.

So here I was at the party venue area and deciding on desserts to go for. I saw that Coffee Stain by Joseph has some unique coffee which is a creation of their own and many went with that ice cube coffee where you pour milk over it to dissolve it. They call it Cool Cube. Their cold brew also looks interesting to go for. But I'm not interested in those that day. All I did was went back to basics and that is the Latte. I also ordered their Strawberry Waffle to try. They put together the same ingredients for waffles as for pancakes so you choose between wanting a pancake to go with the toppings or a waffle.

Latte arrived and a sip I took. Good. Nice gourmet coffee. The moderate coffee taste satisfied my caffeine craving and the milk ratio is perfect. This is the kind of coffee taste that I've gotten used to loving all the time.

After some time later, the waffle arrives. Their plates, saucer and cup matched so perfectly that it looks beautiful. The plating of the waffle too is a work of art which I appreciated. The waffles were a bit too sweet for me with what I believe to be jam on top. Along with the sugar powder dusted all over, it pushed the sweetness over the top. I had to mellow it down with sips of coffee in between bites. As for the actual strawberries itself, they weren't that sweet but enough to consider as good enough to bite and not sour. With the many sweet taste going around, the strawberries were actually a good mix. This may not be the best waffle, but it is rather good.

As for the ambiance, it's a nice place to just unwind. Although there isn't much of a view, the cafe itself is pleasant enough in it's surrounding interior and the lighting sets a calm mood. An almost romantic setting.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29.95. RM11.95 for the latte and RM18 for the waffle including 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
8/10. I quite love this place. The coffee and the dessert win me over. Inside looks great and is a total difference from the horrors of the outside. The staff are friendly and serves you with a warm smile. Also, it opens till late night which is great if I ever want to have a cup of coffee during the later part of the nights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment