Monday, September 28, 2015

A-Lone Diner Movie Special: Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015)

Although I never saw the first installment "Hotel Transylvania", it's not difficult to follow what the show is about to come up to speed.

Basically, all I know was that the main character is a vampire and he opened a hotel for monsters, demons, ghouls and the freakish likes of that so that they can roam freely after his wife was killed by an angry mob. However, one time, there was a family of humans that mistakenly went to the hotel and in the end, the vampire and his friends all accepted humans. His daughter Mavis fell in love with the human slacker kid which comes to our second installment of this movie.

Mavis and the slacker kid, Johnny, had a baby and the vampire father Dracula was eager to teach the baby, Dennis to be a vampire. However, Mavis had other ideas since to her Dennis is not a vampire and just a normal human baby, she was thinking that it would be great to live where Johnny grew up at which is Santa Cruz. Johnny wanted to stay to and went with what Dracula transpired which is Johnny to take Mavis to his parents place and scout out the area first since they were gonna move there to raise Dennis.

During that period, Dracula was left in charge of Dennis to take care of him that's when Dracula with the help of his friends takes Dennis to be trained as a vampire by showing him how his friends and him used to do things.

This movie bores me to death. I fade in and out of my thoughts throughout the movie and attempts at cracking jokes and laughing gag left me feeling that I've lost my funny bone because laughing at it would mean I'm forcing it. There are 1 or 2 funny moments that deserve a chuckle but it's quite weak in their attempt.

For me I would say avoid this movie at all cost. It lacks depth material in it's storyline and there's not much in it that is funny. The movie is quickly easily forgotten and the only good part is near the ending that last about 10-15 minutes maybe? I would rate this movie 1.5 out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment