Sunday, September 27, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: Woman of Worth Celebration with Starworld




Interestingly, I was invited to go for the event Woman of Worth Celebration with Starworld. The dresscode was Corporate Chic (which was relayed to me as Corporate Attire. Same difference, I guess?) and so in order to show my respect for the event, I turned up in a tie and blazer.

I wore the tie to work and throughout the entire day, I had people none stop asking me or commenting me about my tie until I am speechless. LOL. I literally didn't respond to some because I just don't know how to. I hope they don't find me too rude in doing so. >.<

Anyway, so there I was at the event as awkward as it may seem, I felt pretty psyched up to go to the event even though it's meant more for women and it started quite early, 5:30pm registration. So I left work early, around 4:30pm(?) because it's located all the way at Le Meridien KL. Got a little bit of trouble trying to locate the hotel but eventually managed to and parked at the place. Initially was thinking of taking the LRT there but since I'm in a tie and blazer, I preferred not to and drove all the way there.

I arrived around 6pm and at the hotel lobby, I met one of my friend who's also attending the event. We went up together and registered there. During that time, it was still too early to enter the hall at Pool Bar & Grill @ 8 that's located on the 8th floor of Le Meridien so we were just lingering at the reception location at over there met my other 2 friends as well. One of them was the motivational speaker of the event which came to me as a surprise.

Over at the reception area, there's a photo wall where the photographer will take your picture where later on it will be printed for you to keep as a momento. I had some canapes where they were serving and when the time came, I entered the hall and sat at the table that I was designated which is away from my friends. LOL. However, I did meet some lovely new people at the event and it reminded me of why I love attending events. Some buns were served for us as starters with a slab of butter laid out should you ever wanna use it. I noticed that some were served with plain buns while some had multigrain like mine. I was hungry so I chowed down on the bun as soon as it was dispatched to me.

Anita was the emcee of the evening and they started off with motivational talks from Low Ngai Yuen and Choo Mei Sze. They also served food during those talks which started off with the Caprese Salad. The Caprese Salad contains spinach, Swiss Cheese and a Smoked Duck Quiche. The presentation of the dish was sensational and I like how the salad tasted. The Smoked Duck Quiche is made mainly the star of the dish with the spinach and Swiss Cheese complementing it nicely.

The main course for the evening turns out to be the Barramundi Provencale. It has wilted greens, pea risotto al salto, tomato emulsion and of course, the Barramundi fish. I know what risotto is but what is risotto al salto? Upon googling this, it's actually tossed risotto in a skillet. The more expert chef would toss it using free hand while others may use a lid to flip it over. Dinner was excellent. I didn't even know I was eating a pea risotto as it didn't taste like peas. I thought it was rice. They were generous in portioning the Barramundi fish which filled me up a lot. The fish was cooked nicely for mine (although I heard some were undercooked) and the tomato emulsion greatly enhance the fish.

Before dessert were served and Paula Malai Ali to give her motivational speech, there was a dessert making demonstration by Le Meridien's pastry chef Loh Mee Foong. She was so jovial with her campy way of speaking. It was such a joy to hear her speak. While she makes away with her dessert, I had a tray of her creations laid out in front of me.

There were 5 items on it and they are:
1) Blackberry Cheese Tart
2) Cinnamon Sugar Churros
3) Orange Chiffon Lemon Curd
4) Brownies Chocolate Mascarpone
5) Tiramisu in glass shooters.
The blackberry combines well with the cheese tart as a whole. Cinnamon Sugar Churros nothing much to shout about but tasted fine. I quite like the Orange Chiffon Lemon Curd with it's exciting taste that leans from sweet to sour one way and then the other. The Brownies Chocolate Mascarpone is my favorite among all. It contains hidden nuts that provided a bit of a crunch and taste while the Tiramisu is a little disappointing for me because it's so wet at the bottom. I think probably it's been left out of the fridge so long after freezing it instead of chilling whereby precipitation crept at the bottom and formed a puddle. But all in all, her dessert works for me. It's also good that it's not too sweet and has the right balance to it unlike a lot of other places dessert.

The night then awarded the best dressed and proceeded with the pre-premiere screening of Scandal Season 5 episode 1. The night ended with a lucky draw and we were then dispersed. They also gave an awesome goodie bag.

It was such a lovely event which reminded me of the joys of attending events. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment