Friday, September 25, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: 9th Wedding Expo 2015 & Thailand Week 2015





After watching the movie Hitman, I lingered around the Mid Valley premise and wandered off into the Convention Centre area. Over there, during that time, there's the Wedding Expo and the Thailand Week being hosted. And so I went in to take a look around.

Should you register at the booth, you'll get a free gift and a goodie bag before entering and that would easily enable you to carry those pamphlets and flyers that's been passed around at the Expo.

It may seem awkward for a loner like me to walk in to a wedding expo but I did it because it reminded me of the time when I went in a wedding expo and actually found it interesting with the many pretty decors and the fancy setup of booths around the place. My friends that time had a good laugh at me for going in a wedding expo that time but it's okay. I found it funny myself. LOL.

However, this time around, there's nothing much to see. Aside from the pretty wedding dresses at dead center, those indoors were less than impressive in their setup. In fact, I find the expo quite uninviting and looks pale and stale. Very unappealing unlike the impression I had years ago where I look with eagerness with the vivid and detailed colors that painted each individual booths along with attractive arrangements like fake wedding cakes setup with mannequins in tuxedos and wedding dresses as decoration. There's even a jazz band playing at the front of a stage during that time and it pleasantly serenaded the area as soothing background music.

This time around, the dresses that are on display at booths looks pretty jaded and there's practically zero effort rendered to beautify it. Still, it didn't stop garnering the many couples that flocked to the place to get their quotations on their wedding. The place were filled with couples seated with an adviser on tailoring their request before giving them a quotation. There were so many people in most booths, that most of it has no more place left to sit on and some will need to wait before they get their turn.

There were also various hotel booths setup but those practically attracted no one. This fair mainly reminds me of a job fair where it's not setup to impress at all. At least a job fair has some of the big companies having their booth setup with a little more glamorous design and elegant details but as for the wedding expo, nothing is impressive.

I started to make my way to the Authentic Thai expo instead with quite an impression at the front with some hand carving going on. But as you past the front entrance, it's just plain boring. Booth after booth after booth with the same design with some having some products on display while most don't and merely consist of signages indicating what is the company name and perhaps a little on what it does.

The most intriguing to me was probably the free Thai massage being given out which kinda reminds me of the free massages being given when I attended Carlsberg's "Where's the Party?" The next most intriguing things were probably the various food snacks and the Doi Chaang coffee booth but the thing is all of the snacks and food products are either something I wouldn't dare touch to eat or are items that is pretty much something you've seen in our local supermarket before. There were also some games for the public to participate in order for them to win prizes and some show on stage but during my time there, it was just after one and before another starts.

So in the end, I just skim along quickly and made my exit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment