Saturday, September 19, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: Coffee & Art Fringe Festival Asia 2015 (CAFFA), Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur (KL)


 







The Coffee & Art Fringe Festival Asia 2015 is back once again and went by on the weekend that past.

During that time, I asked if a friend of mine would like to join me in this event and she went for lunch with another friend of her's instead hence it's back to the A-Lone Diner events special!

After my breakfast slash brunch at a kopitiam I used to frequent for lunch and during my college days, it was off to Publika to see what the eyes can see. Before I ramble something about the event, I just needed to get something off my chest about my breakfast. I must say that I was actually in search of the rectangular or off-rectangular shaped bread that they used to serve at kopitiams just to have a picture of it. Since the place that I frequent when I used to work in the Internet Cafe at that street is now replaced by a supermart, I decided to search for it on the other kopitiam. Unfortunately, it's just your normal usual toast bread and not the lighter bread that I wanted. Used to be that I use to frequent that kopitiam and all I need to do is just signal to them to bring me my regular and they would instantly know that I wanted 2 toast bread with a cup of hot milk tea. Now, I have no idea where the guys are anymore. What's more that excellent pork noodles is nowhere to be seen anymore too. Okay. End of gripe.

So I got to Publika at around over 1pm? Being a Sunday, it was incredibly filled with people with lines awaiting for cups of coffee to try out. Over at the Dankoff booth, the first that I started off with (which also turned out to be my favorite for the event) they were serving their own new blend called 3crowns consisting of Guatemala, Ethiopian and Brazilian beans. At the same booth, there were also some Monin syrup mixing for soda drinks as well.

Still yet at the Dankoff booth, there was a Steampunk demonstration by a Japanese dude which unfortunately, the name has slipped my mind. Anyway, could hardly make out a word he's saying because the surrounding environment was so loud while he's so soft in his spoken words. The Steampunk coffee dripper looks like an elaborate hourglass to me.

Pretty much all I did was going around trying different beans and different blends at different booths as well as some parts on their demonstration of their coffee machine. The Nespresso coffee machine was one of the coffee machines I had a look at how it worked. It basically looks pretty much like how the Nescafe Dolce Gusto pods work. Just pop your preferred capsule flavor into the machine and let it do the magic. However, the Nespresso seems to have a milk compartment in em to make that latte you wanted. Well, looking like a freak in addition to being on my own just seemed rather unwelcome there maybe because of my strange behavior due to having a very fearful feeling welling inside of me since there's such a big crowd there.

As I went further down the "Coffee Alley", I met a friend of mine there. I just chatted with her for awhile before she depart off to her separate way to further inspect on the other booths.

Over at the top of the Coffee Alley, there were displays of photographs where one section is just pure black and white while the other is in color.

As I made my way again through the Coffee Alley coming back from the other side, I hurried along rapidly because I felt a certain fear in me over crowds growing in intensity.

I ended up moving to the Doodle Competition at The Square area to calm myself down since I could feel a sense of panic coming on if I don't do something about it to calm myself down. I decided to end it at there and head on home with the rain pouring down upon me. Besides, I was already there for a good 2-3 hours and it has been quite an improvement and a step to better my depression.

0 comments:

Post a Comment