Thursday, September 17, 2015

Milligram Cafe, Taman Mayang Jaya, Petaling Jaya (PJ)

Address:
No 8, Jalan SS26/4, Taman Mayang Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily 11am-11pm

Time Visited:
6:30pm. Thursday night.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Green Tea Latte and Smoked Salmon Alfredo with Poached Egg
This cafe is situated near my place but has a very great congested traffic in between my home to this cafe during peak hours but today surprisingly seems to be quite clear and not much of traffic during the evening rush hour. I made it around the area about 45 minutes from my office and from then on it's a matter of finding the right row in which this cafe is in. I decided to stroll along the few lanes since it's been a few years ever since I've been here and about more than 13 years ever since I got down and walk around. I notice a lot of eating shops around with mostly Chinese eateries and that food court which now has a big sign indicating that it's Mayang Oasis food court.

I finally found this place and saw their cat tenant majestically sitting atop one of the tables licking it's paws. I soon realized that the cat's family had grown with it's mate looking alike and the other 2 kittens that are orange in color.

When I went in, I went straight to the toilet since I have a very weak bladder now and I always drink a lot of water in the office and you know what happens when you're always in a cold temperature area. Once I've done my business, the cashier diverted my attention away from the menu board to their menu that's on a clipboard and mentioned to me that it holds more items in that menu due to unable to fit all of it on the menu board. I soon went for the Smoked Salmon Alfredo Pasta with Poached Egg and a Green Tea Latte to drink.

The green tea latte were fairly quick to reach my table and with such pretty art on it too. It's been a very long time ever since I manage to capture such lovely "coffee" art (since this technically isn't coffee) since most of the time I only get a heart shape or the occasional simple flowers. But this one really brighten up my day a bit. However, I find that the green tea latte is much too weak. It tasted quite watery and the green tea along with the milk taste were almost not there at all.

The pasta didn't take long either. About almost 5 minutes. Presentation-wise was okay. The salmon strips were curled up into a flower like pattern while the poached egg sits neatly on top of the pasta with a slice of lemon beside it. The poached egg was cooked nicely with runny yolk inside that acts as a flavoring when it meets with the pasta. Salmon as usual tasted salty but goes well with the pasta so no complaints there.  There were tiny pieces of cherry tomato and broccoli and I think some carrots too but there weren't many vegetables in there which is fine by me. What I like the most with the greatest subtlety in touch of all is pepper and chili flakes sprinkled across the pasta. I didn't notice it until I felt a bit of a heat when chewing my food. Very nice touch. Spruced up the taste a bit more and yet I didn't even notice it when observing my food before eating.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM32. RM10 for the Green Tea Latte and RM22 for the pasta. No GST nor service charge imposed.

Final Verdict:
7.5/8. If the Green Tea Latte were a little more strong in it's taste, I would've given it an eight. The food may not be outstanding but it does it's job and is fit enough to be categorized as above average, at least for the Smoked Salmon Alfredo with Poached Egg. The ambiance is marvelous. I love how the interior looks like bright and wide open spaces. The tenant cats cheer up the place with their playfulness. Even when I was sitting from way inside, I can see then prancing around playing out side. Such a joy to witness. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment