Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: Heineken Presents JUICE 13th Anniversary 'A+V' Party

After satisfying my caffeine cravings and a quick dessert, I walked over to my intended destination to attend the JUICE 13th Anniversary party at Black Box, Publika. When i got to the entrance, there's a long line awaiting entry. Why there is so is very much unknown to me but I lined up anyway. LOL.

There's a lady with a polaroid camera asking the attendees to take pictures so that they can submit the photo for a contest or something. I'm not sure what it's entirely about because I was only half listening to what she was saying as my ADD-like symptom kicked in at full gear that night. I saw a friend of mine at the entrance and waved to him when I confirmed that it was him but lost him in the crowd after entry. The long line occasionally cleared in batches as I was still left wondering why such an odd entry. I pretty soon found out that it was because mostly were stuck registering as VIP or media at the reception area where they had to find their names in the very long list of guests. As for the rest, there's a guy giving out wristbands for entry like nobody's business and didn't bother to really check if you're really in the non-VIP guest list. After all, this was supposed to be an invites-only party. Hmm.

In the very enclosed and dark space of Black Box, it was bustling with humanoids everywhere. There were hardly any space as many people's mission were to get in, grab their beer and head out. I was lost amongst the crowd as I try to navigate to the area where I can collect my beer. The DJ set at the stage in front with the very big cinematic screen was a hopeless locale to get to since most of the stationary people just assembles there and it would be fearful to squeeze through a crowd that's wildly bouncing around less you want to be hit by flailing hands and accidental missteps. As I followed a narrow path of opening between crowds, I was misled to an area where I saw some booze but were signaled by the guy manning that area pointing me to the actual location on where I can redeem mine. That corner that I merely followed the opening to turns out to be only selling beverages and not for giving out. After moving to the right direction, I finally got mine thanks to 2 ladies that are Heineken ambassadors for the night.

The night were filled with tunes mixed by BlackWorm, Shelhiel, VMPRMYTH | YAHNA and Pradana while the visual board were the creations of Zulamran Hilmi, Syazwan and The Tomoe. The night turned into a blur to me even though I only downed 1 bottle of beer but the buzz in my head was great with the noise from the sound system and the hypnotic visual effect aiding to achieve that level quickly. I soon find myself really stoned and though my legs felt tired, I was unable to move much from the spot that I was standing. People pass me from all directions in a blur of motion and was nearly knocked off my feet once but a guy caught hold of me and steadied me. Haha. I felt a little out of place because I felt so old as I see so many younglings probably most of them in their college days and some maybe just started work not too long and only one guy that I saw resembles around my uncle age but he seems to be having a good time. Acting like a college kid and holding his own as he starts careening around the dance floor.

As I regain my composure, before I left the premise, I had a lookaround the venue. The crowd had already thinned out a lot by then and there's more room to navigate the surroundings. A boxy setting at the back of the hall that I passed but hadn't notice was actually a giant kaleidoscope where you sit on a seat and observe the kaleidoscope in action as you turn the handle around.

On the left corner of the hall sits a photo booth that the vain individuals had taken an interest too but I passed on that since there's a line awaiting for their turn.

Filled a little more young at heart being at the event, I left at a gleeful nature and went home feeling really energetic and didn't manage to sleep till 4am came about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment